Settlement agreement advice for Employees
If you have been offered a settlement agreement, we can provide specialist legal advice. Our solicitors are specialists in settlement agreements and will negotiate the best exit package for you. We appreciate that time is critical so as soon as our employment lawyers receive your agreement we will start negotiating for you, ensuring that everything is resolved quickly and effectively.
Things to Consider when choosing the best solicitor to deal with your settlement agreement
- All our costs for negotiating your settlement are paid by your employer
- We can sign off your settlement agreement face-to-face or via phone or email
- Our solicitors have over 20 years experience at negotiating exit packages
- We have settlement agreement specialist solicitors available to start negotiating today
To help you move on to your next job as quickly as possible everything is dealt with efficiently, via email, phone or in person.
How much are the solicitor’s fees for settlement agreement advice?
Unlike many firms who charge extra, we ensure that all your costs are met by your employer as part of your settlement agreement. From the point we receive your agreement right through to signing, you will incur no further costs from us providing you sign the settlement agreement at the end.
Our expertise in advising on settlement agreements
We are employment law experts with over 20 years experience advising on settlement agreements. We believe in prompt personal service. From your first call you will deal direct with an assigned employment solicitor, who cares about getting you the very best outcome.
Frequently asked questions about Settlement Agreements
What is a settlement agreement?
A settlement agreement, is an agreement that usually ends employment and records the terms and payments to be made, in return for an employee waiving the right to bring any claims arising from their employment or its’ termination.
What are the benefits of Settlement Agreements?
If your employer has asked you to sign a Settlement Agreement, the benefits for you are:
- You will likely have been offered an enhanced tax free payment in exchange for signing
- A settlement agreement creates a clean break, allowing you to move on and concentrate on finding alternative employment
- Usually an employer will provide an agreed form of reference to any potential employer on your behalf, so you can approve the form of reference in advance and know exactly what will be provided to future employers
How much are Settlement Agreement Legal Fees?
Settlement agreement solicitor’s costs are covered by your employer as part of the agreement. Providing you sign the agreement you will pay us nothing for advising you with your settlement agreement.
What is a Settlement Agreement Advisers certificate?
The adviser’s certificate is our written confirmation that we have given you advice before you have signed the agreement.
What is the difference between a Settlement Agreement and a compromise agreement?
Settlement agreements and compromise agreements are the same. Settlement agreement is the new term used for compromise agreements.