Pregnancy & Maternity Discrimination
Pregnancy Discrimination in the workplace
If you have been treated unfavourably because you are pregnant, as a result of breastfeeding or because you have been on maternity leave, this could be discriminatory and you may have a claim against your employer.
The Equality Act 2010 protects you from unfair treatment resulting from pregnancy or maternity.
Examples of Unfair treatment because of pregnancy and maternity include;
- Selection for redundancy as a result of pregnancy
- Dismissal because of pregnancy
- Refusal of training or promotion opportunities
- Reduction of pay or hours
- Pressure to resign
- Failure to carry out a risk assessment where there are health and safety risks.
If you have experienced issues like these or other unfair treatment at work as a result of Pregnancy or Maternity leave our solicitors can help, they are experienced in advising on pregnancy and maternity discrimination.
Call us on one of the numbers below for a confidential consultation.