New national minimum wage rates: October 2012
Alert: This News article is now over a year old and may not now be relevant/correct. For up to date information on this topic please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling us to discuss.
The national minimum wage rates which will apply from 1 October 2012 are as follows:
- The standard adult rate (workers aged 21 and over) will rise to £6.19 per hour (up 1.8% from £6.08).
- The development rate (workers aged between 18 and 20) will remain at £4.98 per hour.
- The young workers rate (workers aged under 18 but above the compulsory school age who are not apprentices) will remain at £3.68 per hour.
- The rate for apprentices will rise to £2.65 per hour (up 1.9% from £2.60).
- The accommodation offset will rise to £4.82 per day (up 1.9% from £4.73).