- when you request information from us;
- when you engage our legal services;
- as a result of your relationship with one or more of our clients;
- where you apply for a job; &
- your use of our website.
We will collect personal information directly from you, from our clients or their authorised representatives. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as regulatory authorities, your employer, other organisations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, information or service providers, publicly available records & the third parties described in ‘Disclosure of your information’ below.
We may collect current & historical personal information including your name, contact details, identification, organisation, employment, positions held & enquiry/complaint details. We may also collect personal information about your other dealings with us & our clients, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email or online.
When you use our online services, we may collect the following:
- information you provide by completing ‘Request a Call Back’ forms & application forms (including when you submit material or request further services);
- information you provide to us if you contact us or raise a query or comment; &
- details of visits made to our online services such as the volume of traffic received, logs (including, the internet protocol (IP) address & location of the device connecting to the online services & other identifiers about the device & the nature of the visit) & the resources accessed.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or necessary in connection with a legal obligation; or
- you have provided your consent for such use; or
- we consider such use of your information as not detrimental to you, within your reasonable expectations, having a minimal impact on your privacy, & necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests; or
- we are otherwise required or authorised by law.
We use your information to:
- provide & improve our services & products to you;
- maintain & develop our relationship with you;
- facilitate our internal business operations;
- fulfil our legal requirements (including in relation to anti-money laundering) & professional obligations;
- monitor & analyse our business;
- send you marketing information (please see section 10 for more information).
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. Personal information provided in connection with the provision of our legal services will be retained for no longer than six years unless we agree otherwise with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties where:
- you have consented for us to do so;
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with anti-money laundering requirements);
- it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings, or to exercise or defend legal rights;
- if, in the future, we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new entities or third parties through which our business will be carried out;
- it maybe relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our clients, your employer or place of business, or your professional advisers;
- we provide anonymous statistical information about users of our websites & related usage information to reputable third parties, including analytics & search engine providers.
We use third party service providers to provide services that involve data processing, for example archival, auditing, reference checking, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial & business consulting), mailing house, delivery, technology, website, social media, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, data room, marketing & security services.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form & to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, processes & procedures & we store information in electronic databases requiring logins & passwords. We require our third party data storage providers to comply with appropriate security standards. All staff & third party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services; any transmission is at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website may contain links to other sites which are controlled by third parties.
Visitors should consult these other sites’ privacy policies & please be aware that we do not accept responsibility for their use of information about you.
The privacy laws of the United Kingdom give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your data please contact us as set out below. We may refuse to provide access & may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
Information we hold about you should be accurate. Please advise us of any changes to your information using the contact details set out below.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE MARKETING INFORMATION FROM US
If you receive marketing materials relating to our services by email or post, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
STATUS OF THIS POLICY
CONTACT & FURTHER INFORMATION
Baileyfields Solicitors Limited
Thorne Estate Business Park
Kent TN26 3AF
If you make a privacy complaint, we will respond to let you know how your complaint will be handled. We may ask you for further details, consult with other parties & keep records regarding your complaint.